WHY is the topic of happiness at work so important to me?
Like most of us, I’ve faced frustrations at work. As an employee, I often wished that managers and coworkers had a better understanding of the impact that attitude has on the work environment, employee motivation and workplace well-being. I also wished that there were more opportunities for our team to collaborate, communicate and brainstorm ways to improve our daily work.
It dawned on me that employees need the right setting to express their ideas and share insights in a constructive way. If employees cannot be open and honest with leaders and teams, workplace culture is negatively impacted.
I began to start looking at the science behind “happiness”, researching the ways in which successful companies apply well-being to workplaces. While working with experts in the field, I discovered that many companies are paralyzed because employees are not happy. Productivity and the quality of work suffer because employees are not collaborating, they are not brainstorming, they are not innovating; they are not happy.
This is why I started Happitude at Work; to apply the knowledge I’ve learned about happiness and the skills I’ve gained from leading experts to help leaders and their teams work better together so they can strengthen their competitive edge in the marketplace.
Let me help you increase your company’s performance by improving your team’s happiness at work.
WHO AM I? Get to know me through my 3 "roles" in life
Aurelie – Mother of two girls
In 2012, I became a working mom, and I’ve since learned how challenging it can be to balance work and parenting. Juggling work, home, schedules, last minute meetings, etc. is extremely difficult and even more so without family support living nearby.
I’ve come to realize how important it is to feel good at work, empowered and motivated and to function in a collaborative, open, working environment in order to keep energy, motivation and engagement high.
Aurelie – Business Woman
From an early age, I knew that working in the “corporate world” was something I aspired to do. I loved having responsibility and to constantly be challenged. I started to work as a trainee when I was 15 years old, and I entered the real business world when I was only 19.
My experiences allowed me to discover that the most important aspect for me at work was to create strong bonds with my colleagues and to be able to have an open communication with all of them. I needed to be part of a real team; a community. Being far from home contributed to the urge of creating my “second family” at work.
A born extrovert, I’ve always found socializing and being with others foundational to my being.
Brainstorming with my husband on so many business topics is a passion of mine – he’s my best buddy and supporter!
I love dancing. I can start with ballet, do a salsa intermezzo & finish off on electronic beats.
When I am not rock climbing with the whole family you might find me traveling or enjoying French gastronomy.
TRAININGS & CERTIFICATIONS
PUBLIC SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
-Positive Neuroplasticity, Rick Hanson, 2021 (ongoing)
-Becoming Focused and “Indistractable”, Nir Eyal, 2021
– The Science of Well-Being, Yale University, Laurie Santos Professor Psychology, 2020
– The Science of Happiness, with EDX Berkeley University of California, Dacher Ketlner, 2019
– Certified Partner from Woohoo Inc, one of the world’s leading experts on happiness at work
– The Chief Happiness Officer Academy with Alexander Kjerulf Woohoo Inc, June 2019
– The Foundations of Happiness at work with EDX Berkeley University of California 2018
– Happiness at work Masterclass for coaches at Fabrique Spinoza, Paris 2018
– Training in Public Speaking & Mentoring at Speak Up and Lead Academy with Tulia Lopes, Zurich 2018
– Chief Happiness Officer Masterclass at Happyformance with Laurence Vahnée, Paris, 2017
– Certified Scrum Master with Joe Justice and Jeff Sutherland, Zurich 2016
– Advanced Agile with Alistair Cockburn, 2016
On top of giving speeches and workshops for her clients, Aurelie is active in public events:
- September: Global Online Happiness at Work Summit
- May: Webinar for Salon RH, Promotion Santé Suisse
- May: Workshop for University Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Germany
- April: Webinar Future Health Basel with NZZ Innovation
- Oct.: Keynote Speaker for Promotion Santé Suisse
- August: Webinar for Virgin Pulse Switzerland
- June: Webinar for XING Switzerland
- Oct. Speaker @ Hacking HR, Zurich
“Being Happy at Work: a Hype or a True Need?
- Sept. Speaker @ International Happiness at Work Summit, Warsaw Poland
- Sept. Workshop @ International Week of Happiness at Work, Geneva
- Sept. Lunch & Learn Session @ Birdhaus Social Club, Zurich
- May. FUN. Basel – Vol. 18
- April: Campaigning Summit Switzerland 2019
BarCamp: From happiness at work to performance: a hands-on workshop
- March: PWG – Tamedia Conference 2019
“Performance or Happiness? Success requires both”